Total Group offer a diverse range of training courses to give your site and site personnel the skills and accreditations to stay ahead of the rest.
TOTAL Apprenticeships placements overview
Welcome to our comprehensive guide on construction apprenticeships, detailing the various career opportunities and the selection process in the for Total Group.
If you are looking to kickstart your career in the construction industry, an apprenticeship can provide you with valuable hands-on experience, practical skills, and a pathway to a successful future.
Total apprenticeships give solid foundations for a rewarding career in construction.
You get paid while you learn, ‘hands on’ work experience, opportunities to gain industry-recognised qualifications, and support for the next steps in your career.
Apprenticeships is a fantastic way to start a career in the construction industry and supplies the opportunity to choose from several trades including bricklaying, carpentry & joinery, painting & decorating, general construction operations, plastering, and interior systems (dry lining).
Construction apprenticeships offer a unique opportunity to learn while earning, combining practical training with theoretical knowledge. By undertaking an apprenticeship, you can gain valuable industry-specific skills and qualifications, making you highly employable in a competitive job market.
Whether you are interested in becoming a bricklayer, carpenter, electrician, plumber, or any other trade within the construction sector, there are apprenticeships available to suit your career aspirations.
1. Practical Experience: Apprenticeships provide hands-on experience in a real working environment, allowing you to develop practical skills under the guidance of experienced professionals.
2. Earning While Learning: Unlike traditional education routes, apprenticeships offer the opportunity to earn a wage while you train, ensuring financial stability and independence.
3. Industry-Recognized Qualifications: Apprenticeships provide you with the chance to gain nationally recognized qualifications, such as NVQs or BTECs, which are highly valued by employers.
4. Career Progression: Completing a construction apprenticeship can open doors to a wide range of career opportunities within the industry. With experience and further training, you can progress to higher-level positions and even consider starting your own business.
The selection process for construction apprenticeships in the UK typically involves several stages:
1. Research and Application: Begin by researching construction companies, training providers, and apprenticeship vacancies. Once you have identified a suitable opportunity, submit your application, ensuring that it is tailored to the specific role and company.
2. Initial Assessment: Depending on the company, you may be invited to an initial assessment, which could involve online tests, aptitude assessments, or interviews. This stage helps employers evaluate your suitability for the apprenticeship.
3. Interview: If you pass the initial assessment, you will likely be invited for an interview. Prepare for the interview by researching the company, understanding the role, and showcasing your enthusiasm for the construction industry.
4. Practical Assessment: Some construction apprenticeships may require you to undertake a practical assessment to demonstrate your skills and abilities. This could involve completing a task or project under observation.
5. Job Offer: If you successfully navigate the selection process, you may receive a job offer for the apprenticeship. Take the time to carefully consider the terms and conditions, including the duration, wage, and training opportunities provided.
Construction apprenticeships in the UK offer a fantastic opportunity to gain practical experience, industry qualifications, and a solid foundation for a successful career in the construction sector. By following the selection process and showcasing your passion and dedication, you can embark on a rewarding journey towards becoming a skilled professional in the construction industry.
Remember to research and apply for apprenticeships that align with your career goals and interests. With commitment and hard work, a construction apprenticeship can be the stepping stone to a fulfilling and prosperous future.
Total Group Construction are available at different levels, including Intermediate (Level 2), Advanced (Level 3), and Higher (Level 4 and above). The level of the apprenticeship determines the complexity of the work and the corresponding salary.
The salaries for construction apprenticeships vary depending on factors such as the level of the apprenticeship, location, and employer. It is important to note that the rates mentioned here are approximate and subject to change. It is always advisable to check with specific employers or apprenticeship providers for the most up-to-date information.
Intermediate Level (Level 2)
At the intermediate level, construction apprentices typically earn around £9.15 to £12.00 per hour. The exact rate may vary depending on the employer and the location.
Advanced Level (Level 3)
Advanced construction apprenticeships generally offer higher salaries compared to intermediate level apprenticeships. The hourly rates for advanced apprenticeships can range from £10.00 to £16.00, depending location.
Higher Level (Level 4 and above)
Higher-level construction apprenticeships, such as those at Level 4 and above, often provide higher salaries. The hourly rates for these apprenticeships can range from £12.00 to £16.00 or more, depending on various factors.
In addition to the salary, construction apprenticeships often come with additional benefits. These may include paid holidays, pension contributions, and access to training and development opportunities. Some employers may also offer travel allowances or reimbursement for expenses related to training.
Progression and Future Earnings
Completing a construction apprenticeship can open doors to a rewarding career in the industry. As you gain experience and progress in their careers, their earning potential increases. Qualified construction professionals can earn competitive salaries, with opportunities for further advancement and specialisations.
Total Group Construction apprenticeships provide individuals with the chance to earn while they learn, gaining valuable skills and knowledge in the process. The salaries for construction apprenticeships vary depending on the level of the apprenticeship, location, and employer. It is advisable to research specific apprenticeships and consult with employers or apprenticeship providers for accurate and up-to-date salary information.
Embarking on a construction apprenticeship can be a stepping stone to a fulfilling and prosperous career in the construction industry. With the right training and experience, apprentices can progress to higher levels and enjoy increased earning potential in the future.
Qualifications & requirements
We offer more than 25 different apprenticeship programmes – some requiring no or few formal qualifications, others with much higher entry requirements as they lead to qualifications at degree and masters’ levels.
Apprenticeships are open to anyone of any age, so whether you are new to work, new to the industry or new to a particular career, this can be a terrific way to try something new and develop your skills while earning a competitive wage.
This is why it is so important to us to invest in teams which will enable our business to continue to grow in the future. We take seriously the process of selecting, investing in and encouraging new recruits.
Get your career off to a flying start
Whether you are a school leaver or student just starting out or have many years of experience and are looking to move in a new direction professionally, our apprenticeships offer a wide range of opportunities across Total and with our supply chain partners.
Total provides access to a range of exciting careers in the built environment. We are always looking for highly driven, committed, and talented individuals to join our rapidly expanding business and become part of the team that creates the spaces and places that generate opportunity and prosperity.
Our clients tell us that what matters to them most is our people – our ability to problem solve, and our specialist knowledge and sector leading experience.
Ready to start your Career ?
Let's Work Together
By considering Total Group as your contracting partner, you can have peace of mind knowing that all aspects of your project will be handled with professionalism, expertise, and attention to detail. Our integrated approach ensures seamless coordination between different stages of the project, resulting in cost-effective solutions and timely delivery. Drop us a message below, and let’s work together to bring your vision to life. Our dedicated team is here to answer any questions and provide you with the personalised service you deserve.